Monday, March 2, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook


Today…
March 2nd, 2009
Outside my window…
The sky is filled with clouds, but the birds are still chirping - a sound I've missed over the winter.
I am thinking…
about starting a salad for dinner.
I am thankful for…
My mom, who's shown me that fruits and vegetables really are the best foods in the world.
I am wearing…
Comfortable jeans, socks, a long sleeve top with a short sleeve shirt on top of it.
I am reading…
Proverbs, Matthew, Deuteronomy, and The Spiritual Lives of Great Composers.
I am creating…
Videos of my orchestra concert. :)
One of my favorite things…
My quiet time with the Lord in the mornings.
For education this week…
Home ec, Drivers Ed (yes!), Algebra, Chemistry, and English. I finished Geography for the year. :)
A keeper at home skill I am using/learning …
Making dinner... or at least part of it.
A spiritual lesson I’m learning…
To guard the words I say.
A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Grace.
Scripture (of the day)…
Proverbs 16:1 The plans of the mind and orderly thinking belong to man, but from the Lord comes the wise answer of the tongue.
I am praying for…
God to continue to prune me... to mold me and take out anything in me that doesn't please Him.
For the rest of the week…
Practicing, delighting myself in the Lord, enjoying the warm weather we're supposed to get, and spending time with family.
A picture I’d like to share…




Psalm 121:1-2 "I look up to the mountains—does my help come from there? 2 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!" (NLT)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture! Reminds me of Virginian mountains!
I hope you have fun taking Drivers Ed. :)
Have a great weekend.
~Alexandra

Violinist4Christ said...

Really? I've never been to Virginia, but I'm sure the mountains there are gorgeous!
Thanks!