Monday, March 9, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook


Today…
March 9th, 2009

Outside my window…
Birds are singing! Leaves are sprouting on the once-bare trees. Flowers are popping up.

I am thinking…
of how good my sister is playing her flute. :)

I am thankful for…
My new shoulder rest, rosin, and mute for the violin!

I am wearing…
Jeans, socks, and a white top.

I am reading…
Psalms, Matthew, "Spiritual Lives..." still, and "The Power of a Praying Teen" by Stormie Omartian.

I am creating…
A painting of a stream in the woods... we'll see how that goes.

One of my favorite things…
The 70ºF weather we've been having... It's been so lovely!

For education this week…
Home Ec, Algebra, Driver's Ed, P.E., Chemistry, and English

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning …
Sweeping.

A spiritual lesson I’m learning…
To not worry, but "cast my care upon the Lord."

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Love

Scripture of the day…
Matthew 6:25 "Do not be anxious for your life, what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing?"

I am praying for…
A closer walk with the Lord

For the rest of the week…
Resting in the Lord and not fretting about anything. :)

A picture I’d like to share…
Photobucket

Sorry it's a little blurry... it's the cross painting I did. :)

No comments: