Monday, March 16, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook


Today…
March 16, 2009

Outside my window…
Sun is shining brightly, leaves are emerging from bare trees, and birds are singing. :)

I am thinking…
Of how good God is!

I am thankful for…
Spring and warm weather.

I am wearing…
Beige capris and a dark blue short sleeve top.

I am reading…
Fellowship of the Ring, Deuteronomy, Psalm 5, Proverbs, and Matthew.

I am creating…
Poems and songs to the ultimate Creator!

One of my favorite things…
My new shoulder rest for my violin. :-)

For education this week…
Finish writing my short story, home ec, Algebra, Chemistry... the usual.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning …
Cleaning up before and after meals. :-)

A spiritual lesson I’m learning…
Putting others first.

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Self control.

Scripture of the day…
Deut. 26:16-17 This day the Lord your God commands you to do these statutes and ordinances. You shall therefore be careful to do them with all your heart and with all your soul. 17 You have today declared the Lord to be your God, and that you would walk in His ways and keep His statutes, His commandments, and His ordinances, and listen to His voice.

I am praying for…
God's peace in all that I do.

For the rest of the week…
Enjoying the beautiful weather, doing schoolwork, and spending time with family.

A picture I’d like to share…
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely picture you took!
Great reminder that spring is here :)
I too absolutely love shoulder rests... it definitely helps relieve some tension. Although, I've seen some fiddlers who play
holding it in their arm, not shoulder! Interesting... :)
Well, hope you have a great week!
~Alexandra

Violinist4Christ said...

Thanks!
Yes, and the new one I got is much more comfortable than my old one. I'm so thankful for it! I'm not sure how those fiddlers play like that. It sounds kind of uncomfortable. :)