Monday, March 30, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook

Today…
March 30th, 2009

Outside my window…
The last bit of snow we got on the weekend is melting, and the red bud is blooming.

I am thinking…
Of how well the concert went on Saturday.

I am thankful for…
My church home.

I am wearing…
A white top with a sweater over it, jeans, and socks.

I am reading…
Deuteronomy, Proverbs, Psalms, Matthew.

I am creating…
A forest painting and a blog post about worship. (No, I haven't forgotten about it. :) )

One of my favorite things…
Orchestra practice. :)

For education this week…
Preparing for the orchestra concert next week, driver's Ed, Algebra, Chemistry... the usual.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning …
Time management.

A spiritual lesson I’m learning…
Choosing to obey God in all my actions.

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Agape love.

Scripture of the day…
Deuteronomy 30:19-20 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, 20by loving the Lord your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them. (NASB)

I am praying for…
God to use me.

For the rest of the week…
I'm going to my cousin's birthday party tonight, working in the five year old class at church on Wednesday, and lots of practicing for the orchestra concert next week.

A picture I’d like to share…

Photobucket
Red buds!! :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook! Beautiful picture, too! :o)
Amber

Unknown said...

Pretty picture you took!
I notice you play in a lot of concerts...
is it for your church?
I hope you have a great weekend.
~Alexandra

Violinist4Christ said...

Thank you!

Alexandra: Actually, my dad is a musician, and he has concerts around town, and sometimes in other states. So sometimes when he has a concert, he'll get my sister and I to play with him in a few songs. So it's a neat experience. Then the other concerts I play in are for orchestra. :)
But I think I will be playing in church soon, too.