Monday, March 23, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook


Today…
March 23rd, 2009

Outside my window…
The sun has just set.

I am thinking…
of how much God's blessed me with the ability to play violin.

I am thankful for…
The talent spoken of above.

I am wearing…
Jeans, socks, and a green short sleeve top.

I am reading…
1 and 2 Timothy, Proverbs, Matthew, Psalms.

I am creating…
Desktop wallpapers and a short story.

One of my favorite things…
My laptop

For education this week…
Algebra, Spanish, Driver's Ed, Chemistry, Writing, and Home Ec.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning …
Keeping the plants watered.

A spiritual lesson I’m learning…
Speaking gently to my sister.

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Patience

Scripture of the day…
Prov 16:2-3 People may be pure in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their motives. Commit your work to the Lord, and then your plans will succeed.

I am praying for…
God to mold me into who He wants me to be.

For the rest of the week…
Getting ready for a concert on Saturday, and orchestra rehearsal on Sunday.

A picture I’d like to share…



Sunset picture I took a year or two ago...

6 comments:

Araken said...

2 Timothy, eh? I love verse 1:7!

Be blessed at your concert!

God's Girl said...

Wow! What a beautiful picture. I pray that you have a wonderful week!

God bless you!

Julie

Zoe said...

Hey, I thought I would let you know that I read your comments on Araken's blog, and have added you to the YCF members list. Welcome to YCF!

Camden said...

V4C, sweet picture! I just finished Psalm 51 in that book. Also, just wanted to say welcome to the YCF!

~Elliot

Violinist4Christ said...

Araken: Thanks! I like 2 Tim 1:7 too. And also in chapter two where it talks about us being vessels.

God's Girl: Thanks! I pray you have a good week too.

Zoe and Elliot: Thank you!!! :-) I'm excited to be a part the YCF.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful picture you took!
It seems you love music a lot!
We have that in common :)
It's always good when one uses their talents for the Lord... giving back what He gives us!
Keep up the good work!
Have a great weekend.
~Alexandra