Monday, April 20, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook

Today…
April 20th, 2009

Outside my window…
It's 70º F!! :)

I am thinking…
Of how my birthday is only two days away. :)

I am tha
nkful for…
God's grace.

I am wearing…
Jeans, and a green short sleeve top.

I am reading…
1 Thessalonians, Matthew; "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris

I am creating…
Paintings! :)

One of my favorite things…
My Bible

For education this week…
Driver's Ed, Home Ec, Spanish, and English! I am done with Chemistry and Algebra! (except I do have a few Chemistry experiments left. I need to get that done.)

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning …
Ironing

A spiritual lesson I’m learning…
To be a blessing, even when it means stepping out of my comfort zone.

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Humility

Scripture I am memorizing…
1 Thess 2:6 Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, even though as apostles of Christ we might have asserted our authority.

I am praying for…
God's wisdom.

For the rest of the week…
On Wednesday we're going out for lunch for my birthday, and also on Wednesday I get to volunteer at my church in the five year old class. Thursday I have music lessons, Friday I volunteer at the library, and Saturday we're playing at another home concert.

A picture I’d like to share…

The red but in our backyard when it snowed last month. :)

6 comments:

Araken said...

Wisdom...excellent thing to pray for.

I really like the picture. I need to take up my camera again.

PlainJane said...

Hi!! I'm also part of the "A Young Maiden's Daybook" and I thought I would come for a visit!

Happy (early) Birthday!! How old are you turning?

Oh, 70 degrees! I wish it was that here, but it's suppose to get there some time this week!

Are you liking "I Kissed Dating Goodbye"? I've heard of it...

Ooo, Driver's Ed. - how's it going? I'm old enough to do it now too, and I'm not really scared about the driving part - just the driving with other people part!! lol So I'll probably wait until next year or something!

That's neat that you voluteer at the library, I've said that that would be a fun place to work! But I'm loving volunteering at the nursing home!

I love your picture - so pretty!

Oh, and I also love playing the violin and my sister plays the guitar!!

Ok, I'll let you go!

God Bless,
Amber
www.homeschoolblogger.com/BookwormMN

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!I hope you have a happy day today!
(Love the picture on this post!)
~Alexandra

Camden said...

Hey, I was on the DWF, and guess who's having a birthday today? 'Nuff said. Happy Birthday!

~Elliot

Violinist4Christ said...

Araken: You should! Photography is a lot of fun.

Amber: Thanks for visiting and for wishing me a happy birthday! I'd rather not say how old I am online, though. :)
According to my computer, it got up to 90 degrees yesterday! Much too warm for April. Oh well.
Yes, "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" is really good - lots of helpful insight.
Driver's Ed is going well; I haven't actually begun the driving part, but we're getting there. :) I waited a while before starting too.
Library work is fun. :) That's neat that you volunteer at a nursing home!

Thanks Alexandra, Elliot! :)

Holly said...

Thank-you for stopping by my blog! It's nice to know that there are other Christians out there reading it.