Monday, April 6, 2009

Young Maiden's Daybook

Today…
April 6th, 2009

Outside my window…
Sun is shining, trees are growing leaves... spring is here!

I am thinking…
Of how quickly April arrived, and how well the orchestra play-a-thon at the mall went yesterday. :)

I am thankful for…
God's faithfulness.

I am wearing…
Jeans, a long-sleeved white shirt with a green sweater over it, and socks. (It got cold again!)


I am reading…
1 Peter, Proverbs, Psalms, and "I Kissed Dating Good-bye" by Joshua Harris.

I am creating…
Pictures to put on my photobucket.

One of my favorite things…
A clean house.

For education this week…
I'm finishing Algebra 2 and Chemistry! *celebrates* I'll still have all my other normal subjects to do, though.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning …
Um... well, I swept floors and watered plants today.

A spiritual lesson I’m learning…
To not be a "lazy" Christian.

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Brotherly kindness.

Scripture of the day…
Psalm 9:10 Those who know Your name trust in You, for You, O Lord, have never abandoned anyone who searches for You.

I am praying for…
Healing for my family and I.

For the rest of the week…
I plan to get rid of this cold so by Easter I won't be blowing my nose. I'll also be practicing new orchestra pieces, including the Finale from Hayden's Farewell Symphony.

A picture I’d like to share…


Horses are so beautiful... (click on the picture to see the whole thing.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh! How fun to have a play-a-thon at the mall!
I've always wanted to bring my fiddle somewhere and play.
-I've done it at the park several times, though.
And if only pianos were more transportable :-)
I hope you get over your cold soon.
Have a great week.
~Alexandra

Violinist4Christ said...

It was fun!! It felt so neat to walk into the mall with my violin and play with the orchestra. I've taken my violin to a park a few times as well!
My dad often wishes pianos were more portable as well.
Thanks!