Monday, February 23, 2009

Young Maiden's Daybook


Today…
February 23rd, 2009
Outside my window…
A blanket of gray blocks my view of the sun, but the sun still shines beyond it.
I am thinking…
of how many things I need to do today.
I am thankful for…
my family.
I am wearing…
Warm, fuzzy socks, jeans, and a long-sleeve top.
I am reading…
The Spiritual Lives of Great Composers by Patrick Kavanaugh, and Romans.
I am creating…
Photographs.
One of my favorite things…
My computer.
For education this week…
Home Economics, LOTS of practicing violin, Chemistry, Algebra, and English
A keeper at home skill I am using/learning…
Keeping the kitchen clean.
A spiritual lesson I’m learning…
To value others as more important than myself.
A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Generosity.
Scripture I am memorizing…
Again, not memorizing, but my verse of the day is Romans 6:13: And do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
I am praying for…
God's guidance.
For the rest of the week…
School, and spending time with my family.
A picture I’d like to share…



-My violin on top of a LOT of violin music. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh! I love the picture!
Your violin actually looks a lot like mine:)
Are you enjoying 'Spiritual Lives of Composers'? I'll be reading that sometime this year, as well :)
Hope you have a great week.
Thank you, again, for participating and for the birthday wishes!
~Alexandra

Violinist4Christ said...

Really? That's neat! Is it a Knilling violin? (Does it say "Knilling" on the inside? 'Cause that's what mine is.)

Yes, it's really interesting learning about composers and their faith. I haven't gotten very far in it yet, but I'm working on it. :-)

You're welcome!