Monday, February 16, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook


I recently found HsKubes' Girl's blog and saw that she started something called "A Young Maiden's Daybook." So I decided to participate. I'll be doing this every Monday, so hopefully I'll be posting more often now. :-)

Today…
February 16th, 2009

Outside my window…
The sun is shining, the trees are bare, and the grass is brown.

I am thinking…

of the orchestra concert I will be a part of tonight!

I am thankful for…
God's unfailing faithfulness to me.


I am wearing…
Jeans, a plain, white longsleeve top, and a warm white sweater. But in a few hours I'll be changing into a white blouse, floor length black skirt, hoes, and black dress shoes for the orchestra concert. :-)


I am reading…
Proverbs, Scriptures about music and worship, and Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan

I am creating…
A painting of a cross. Actually, I'm pretty much done with it. There are just a few more touches I should add.


One of my favorite things…
My violin

For education this week…
Algebra, Chemistry, Geography, Spanish, Writing and Grammar, and Music as always.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning …
Doing dishes

A spiritual lesson I’m learning…

To rely on God and learn to hear His voice

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Love

Scripture I am memorizing…
I'm not memorizing a Scripture at the moment, but my verse of the day is Proverbs 3:3: "Never let loyalty and kindness get away from you! Wear them like a necklace; write them deep within your heart. Then you will find favor with God and man." (NLT)

I am praying for…
Continued health for my family and me.

For the rest of the week…

Schoolwork, practicing, and hopefully finishing Pilgrim's Progress. :-)

A picture I’d like to share…

Spring is on it's way! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for participating in this!
I enjoyed reading about your day.
I hope your concert went well.
The picture is so beautiful!
Have a great week.
~Alexandra

Violinist4Christ said...

You're welcome! I had fun answering the questions. The concert did go well.

Thanks!