Monday, May 18, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook



Today…
May 18th, 2009

Outside my window…
Sun is shining! A very welcome change from all the rain we've been getting.

I am thinking…
of my music recital tonight!

I am thankful for…
my violin/guitar/piano teacher. :-)

I am wearing…
Jeans, a white long sleeve top with a dark blue short sleeve shirt layered on top.

I am reading…
Matthew, Proverbs. Inside Prince Caspian, by Devin Brown

I am creating…
I've been taking photographs with my new camera.

One of my favorite things…
...my new camera. :-)

For education this week…
Home Ec, English, Spanish

A keeper at home skill I am using …
Sweeping the floor.

A spiritual lesson I’m learning…
To be flexible and not have to do things my own way all the time; to seek God and follow the plan HE has for me.

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Agape love

Scripture I of the day…
Matthew 18:4-6 Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever receives one such child in my name receives Me; 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it is better for him that a heavy millstone be hung around his neck, and that he be drowned in the depth of the sea. (NASB)

I am praying for…
That everyone in the music recital tonight will perform wonderfully and not be nervous.

For the rest of the week…
Hopefully I'll find time to blog. I'm working in the 5 year old class at church this Wednesday, if I remember correctly. The last day of P.E. on Thursday, music lessons, volunteering at the library... Next Monday I may not get to blogging because we're going out of town for Memorial day to visit family. :-)

A picture I’d like to share…

A picture of honeysuckle I took in the woods near my aunt and uncle's house. It isn't the best picture because we were walking in the middle of the day there, but I still like it. :)

1 comment:

Adam said...

I love the verses you place on your blog...