Sunday, September 13, 2009

Classical Music and other things...

Greetings!

Well, I thought I'd post about what I've been doing lately. Last week I played violin with my youth group's worship band at church for the first time! At first I wasn't sure how it would work out... we don't normally have a violin player in the band, and it would be my first time playing with a band. But it was great. It felt... right. Like I was supposed to be there. It was kind of hard to be heard above all the electric guitars, but I wasn't completely drowned out. Basically I just had the chord charts to go by, so I was mostly just playing whatever sounded good.
The rehearsal went well. I got to meet the band members, and fellowship with them before service started. Our drummer actually plays the timpani in the orchestra I'm apart of! How cool is that?
Then when the actual service started, it was amazing. I could feel God's presence so strongly. God is so good! The songs we played were "I'm Not Ashamed," "Devotion," "Draw Me Closer," and the bridge of "Ready Now." I'm so thankful for the chance to help lead others in praise to our King!

Yesterday I went to an orchestra concert. They played the Farewell Symphony by Haydn. That has got to be one of my favorite classical pieces. Look up the last movement to see why. The musicians do something very unique in mid-song. *is mysterious* :) It was fun to watch them do it live!

Do any of you have any favorite classical music composers? If so, do you have a favorite song by them? I think my favorite composer would have to be Bach, and then Vivaldi. Dvorak is good too, though. His New World Symphony is awesome!

I hope you all have a blessed week!

3 comments:

Zoe said...

Sounds like fun! What a neat experience!

I like Mozart, Choplin, Kabelevsky and Scott Joplin a lot.

~Prism~ said...

I love Beethoven's music in general. For some reason, I just get it...

God Bless,

~Prism~

Emma Cox said...

Nice blog I'm following it=D
I like Mozart, Pachabelle, etc