Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Prayer: Ask Him Anything

How much do we involve God in our lives? Lately I've been realizing how much I try to do on my own. Sometimes even after I read the Bible, I'll be like, "All right, I'm going to be humble all day today," and not even ask God to help me with it.

Then a couple of days ago, I was kind of in a bad mood and was trying hard (on my own strength) to get out of it. Then I came across this verse:
Psalm 105:4 "Search for the Lord, and for His strength. Seek Him continually."
And for some reason, even though I'd seen it before several times, it jumped out at me. Search for Him, and then His strength! So I don't have to try to do everything on my own. When I'm really tired and have to go to work anyway, I don't have to try to get through it on my own. I can ask Him for the strength I need for it! But above His strength, I need to search for HIM. I need to involve Him in my life.

When I'm tempted, I'm not on my own. I don't have to try to fight it on my own strength. Even if I do succeed, it's still my own "righteousness" and looks like filthy rags to God. I need to ask God to help me, to give me the strength to do what's right, no matter how hard it is.

Thank You Jesus for the grace that You give us every day as we ask for it!! Thank You that You are glorified in our weakness when Your strength lifts us up. It's then we know that we cannot possibly do anything good without You. Every talent that You give us, every strength, is a result of You actively working in our lives. Help us, Lord, to let You be involved in our lives. Remind us when we try to do things on our own, that without You, we can do NOTHING. All praise and glory to You, God!

Amen.

1 comment:

LocaChica said...

I've been dealing with the EXACT smae thing, recently! I do the same thing, I'll just get done with my morning devotions, and then give me five minutes, and I'll be planning the ways that I'm going to do "good" in my own strength. I forget that every good and perfect thing comes from ABOVE!! That God has to work in and through me in order for real change to happen.
Your blog is such a blessing to me!! I love it!!
God bless!
LocaChica