Thursday, July 23, 2009

Do all in the name of the Lord Jesus

Yesterday I remembered a time a few years ago when I was listening to a CD of beautiful Christian Folk music. I was with my sister at home while my parents were out. I enjoyed the CD so much, that I wanted my parents to hear it when they got home. So I planned to play it for them as soon as they walked in the door, so they could be blessed by it as well. I wanted to share the music with them.

As I was thinking about that, I thought of how much it seems that children want to please their parents. Then I thought, "Well, God is our eternal Father. Shouldn't we strive to do things with the goal to please Him?" When doing homework, we should do it as if God were our teacher and was going to grade it. We should do it at such a high quality, that God would be pleased with it. Write neatly, study, do all your work. Hand it in on time.
When playing an instruments, play it well and joyfully to the Father! Lift it up to Him as a beautiful offering to Him. If you have an audience, also ask Him to use it to bless others, and bring Him glory.
When doing chores at home, do them at excellent as you would if you saw Jesus standing next to you.
When giving in the offering at church, worship Him with your giving! Do it joyfully, out of a thankful heart.
When your parents ask you to do (or not to do) something, obey them. Honor them. Cheerfully!

No, salvation is not based on works. But we should be so in love with God that we want to do things to please Him. Even in the small, every day things, He wants us to do them to Him. To commit our way to the Lord.

1 Corinthians 10:31
"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
Philippians 2:14
"Do all things without complaining and disputing"
Colossians 3:17
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
(NKJV)

My challenge to you is to follow those commands today. And not just today, but every day of your life. As long as you are alive, those verses still stand.

-Violinist4Christ

6 comments:

Camden said...

Cool! I think many times people think "Sure, I know 1 Corinthians 10:31, but how can I do that? You gave a few great ways! You might also like this video for further insight!

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=77388eba435ac5264439

Camden

Violinist4Christ said...

Thanks for posting that video! It actually went really well with what my pastor taught on yesterday at church.

Blessings!

V4C

Elizabeth J. said...

Hello there, this is my first visit to your blog (I think) so I decided to comment. I found your blog through a link on the Bookworm 4 God blog. I am a violinist as well, feel welcome to drop by my blogspot.

~Prism~ said...

I agree with Elizabeth. Terrific blog, and I really like the look of it. Just wondering, are you the same violinist4christ from the diom forum? I used to be Daughter of Thigocia on there.

God Bless,

~Prism~

Violinist4Christ said...

Thanks for commenting, Elizabeth! I'll be sure to visit your blog. :)

Thank you, Prism! Actually, my username on the DioM forums is Playing4Jesus. (I registered there before I came up with the u/n Violinist4Christ.) I think I remember seeing/talking with you there. I don't get on there very often, so I've kind of forgotten the names of everyone I corresponded with. *blush*

Blessings,
V4C

Elizabeth J. said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog.