Saturday, June 13, 2009

Back from Vacation

So I know I didn't really announce that I was going anywhere, but I have been gone for about a week. We sort of had a family reunion on my mother's side in Indiana, and got back yesterday afternoon. I thought I'd share some of the details of our trip with you. :)

On Monday night we got together with one of my mom's childhood friends. She now has a family with five children, with whom my sister and I became fast friends. The whole family is musical; some play piano, others violin, and the whole family sings. I found out that one of the daughters who plays violin took the same lesson books as I did, and we played part of a duet together. That was a lot of fun!

Tuesday we went to a resort with my grandparents and uncle and aunt. It was really neat there! They had horseback riding, boats, bicycle trails, hiking trails, a game room, and a lounge with lots of Thomas Kinkade puzzles. There was also a restaurant downstairs, which we ate at once a day. For the other meals we all got together and shared our food; my grandparents supplied the bread, we supplied peanut butter and jelly, and my aunt and uncle the chips. It was kind of fun to do that.

We didn't end up horseback riding or riding a bike, but we did go boating! On our boat ride we saw a family of swans. My dad, being a photographer, naturally took a lot of pictures of them. However, we didn't enjoy the boat ride to the fullest because it was cloudy, rainy, and cold. But it was still fun.

One day we all took a hike on one of the trails. Scratch that. Several of the trails. They didn't have the trails marked out very well, so when there was a fork in the path, we didn't always know which way to go. Thankfully, my grandparents had been hiking there several times before and were able to lead us back to the inn. It took a while, but we eventually got back. It was kind of fun, being "lost" in the woods like that. It kind of felt like the part in Prince Caspian where Peter is leading his siblings and Trumpkin through the woods to where Caspian is, but they end up going the wrong way because they wouldn't listen to Lucy. Lol. I know, I know. I've read the book too many times.

On the way back we went to Lake Michigan. It was the first time my sister and I had seen the lake, so it was a neat experience. It was raining off and on, though, and rather foggy. We did our best to enjoy it, though. Mom was telling us about how she used to run down the sand dunes when they visited the lake. So she and I ran down one just for fun. I got sand in my shoes, but it was still fun. Later we fed the seagulls on the beach and a rather large flock gathered. I don't know how many pictures my dad took, but I'm sure it was a lot. :-) Then we had a picnic in the car, and started the drive home.

So those were the highlights of our vacation. Hopefully you weren't too bored reading them! :)

6 comments:

Zoe said...

Sounds like you had fun!


~Zoe

Anonymous said...

actually, that was an interesting post! sounds like you have some fun!

God Bless,
Lauren Ann

Unknown said...

Do you have Shelfari?? I found a person on it called Violinist4Christ!! Is it you...?

Violinist4Christ said...

Yeah, we did have fun. :)

Joraiem: Yes, I have a Shelfari. I'm not on very often, though. Actually, if you look on my side bar on my blog you can see my "shelf". You have to scroll down a little to see it. :)

Unknown said...

oh yeah!! hhehe!

Violinist4Christ said...

So is your u/n on Shelfari "Joraiem"? I think I found you, but I'm just making sure.