Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Seasons

Don't you just love Autumn? It was in the 60's today! There's something about a canopy of gray clouds stretching across the sky and cooler than usual temperatures that inspires me. I've painted and tossed around ideas for writing more in the last couple of weeks than I have in the last couple of months.

Don't we serve an awesome God? He made the seasons for our enjoyment! I myself get all excited when a new season begins. When hot, sweaty summer gives way to brisk, colorful autumn. When the trees lose all their leaves, I get excited 'cause it means winter! And winter means snow (most of the time), and Christmas! And when winter melts into spring and warmth and life, I feel like jumping for joy!

In case you're wondering, yes, I do have a point in all this. God takes delight in seeing His children happy. Every time someone takes pleasure in His creation, He smiles! How wonderful it is that God cared enough to give us four different seasons to enjoy, even when we might fail to notice and appreciate them. I thank our God for caring so much for us that He sends little blessings like this. What about you? Have you thanked Him for the seasons yet?

No comments: