Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back to school

Wow, can you believe that it's actually August already? Where did the summer go!? It feels like yesterday when I woke up and realized it was the end of June.

Anyway, school starts for me tomorrow. "TOMORROW! Why so early?" You might ask. Well, you see, I am homeschooled, and in order to take time off of school during the year for vacation, and family reunions, etc, we have to start early. Otherwise we'll get behind... like I did last year.

But this year I'm making a commitment to work harder at school than I have before - to make sure that I not only stay on schedule, but that I don't get distracted by the internet, or a book I may be longing to read. Oh, and school includes violin and guitar practicing. I gotta remember that. I'm going to set goals for myself this year, such as practicing each instrument for so long so many days. I've gotten out of the habit this summer, and I aim to get back into practicing. I also encourage you to set goals for yourself this year. It will help you accomplish more things.

Do everything as unto the Lord. Spend time with Him - even when you're doing school! If something's difficult for you to understand, tell God about it and ask for Him to help you. If you understand something well, praise Him for it. And even if you're just not in the mood for school, do it anyway, knowing it pleases God.

In Christ,

Mary Anne

No comments: